Saturday, April 18, 2009

How To Have a Great Day!



Have you ever heard the philosophy that you can expect three things to go wrong every day? Some days we get frustrated when things go wrong and forget about all that went right!

Take a new perspective: When things don't work out as you expect, plans go awry, or tires get flat, tell yourself "That's one--now only two more things will go wrong today".

So, this morning I was making my coffee--which I was really looking forward to--when I noticed coffee and grounds spilling all around the pot. Somehow I had rinsed the filter and forgotten to put it back in. I cleaned up the area and put on a fresh pot, thinking about how ready I was to sit and enjoy my nice, steaming cup of java. You see, it was before 7 am on a Saturday and I had been awoken early (about 5:30 am) to the sound of my cat throwing up. Unfortunately, before I could get it cleaned up, my dog ate it. So just as I was drifting back to sleep, the dog threw up.

Well, here I was, looking back on the morning that had already been off to a bad start when I realized, "There were three things that already went wrong today. This can only mean that the rest of the day will be glorious!"

There's no telling what will actually happen and there aren't really any rules of the universe saying exactly three things go wrong every day. But I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of this Saturday has in store for me, and I believe it's going to be a great one.

No comments: