Monday, November 24, 2008

Impossible Pumpkin Pie


I'm trying something new here today, so let me know what you think! Today I'm posting a recipe I love because it's so easy and so timely.
This "Impossible Pumpkin Pie" gets its name from the fact that the crust part is made simply by mixing the ingredients all together and letting the layers fall naturally into place as it bakes. This picture was not taken by me, personally, but is an accurate representation of what the final product looks like. So here it is:
Impossible Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients: 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. Bisquick baking mix
2 tbsp. butter
13 oz. can evaporated milk
2 eggs
16 oz. can pumpkin
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla
To reduce fat and calories, I substitute a lower calorie spread for the butter, and a fat free evaporated milk. Egg beaters can be used in place of the eggs (use 1/2 cup of egg substitute).
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pie plate.
Beat all ingredients until smooth; 1 minute in blender on high or 2 minutes with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes.
That's it! Impossibly simple, and I can tell you it's delicious :)

No comments: